Get the tools you need to Help Your Family in the comfort of your home
We meet in your home or via Zoom, an online video conference service. Whether it’s with your children or in your relationship, very few things are more stressful than when there is tension in the family. Are you struggling to feel heard, understood and validated? If there is chaos in your home and you are looking for structure and peace, we can help.
The frustration and heartache of broken family relationships can be overwhelming. Every family is unique with its own history, specific challenges and dynamics. We understand and we can help. We will guide you in overcoming the obstacles your family is facing by giving you tools you can use immediately to restore relationships, communicate effectively and share a deeper understanding of one another.
Teen, Family, Parent and
Adult Children Coach
B.S., M.S., P.P.S., A.C.S., C.P.L.C.
Couples, Marriage, Premarital
and Parent Coach
B.A., M.A., C.P.L.C., A.C.C
- Over 14 years of experience
- Licensed member of International Coaching Federation
- Communication and relationship expert
- Extensive experience working with young children and families
- Parent educator
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Reduce tension and frustration
- Master effective communication techniques that will work for you and your teen.
- Learn productive ways of approaching the issues at hand.
- Identify the root of troubling behaviors and put in place specific steps to address them.
- Bring peace and harmony back in to your home.
MARRIAGE AND COUPLES COACHING
- Learn to reduce tension and frustration using effective communication.
- Learn to work in cooperation not competition.
- Rebuild trust and resolve conflict.
- Generate solutions together.
- Establishing clear steps to achieve those goals.
COACHING FOR PARENTS OF TEENS AND YOUNG CHILDREn
- Learn how to implement structure.
- Establish boundaries in a firm yet loving way.
- Create a loving home.
- Co-parent effectively and consistently.
- Set reasonable expectations for yourself and your child.
Adult Children-Parent relationships.
- Learn to communicate in a way that will resolve the issues at hand.
- Get the skills you need to build a healthy foundation for moving forward in your relationship.
- Learn how to let go of resentments.
- Establish a new dynamic as adult to adult vs adult to child.
HOW IN-HOME COACHING WILL BENEFIT YOU
We meet in your home or via Zoom, a video conference service. This is a powerful process that has changed thousands of individuals and families for the better. We understand that reaching out for help can feel overwhelming and vulnerable. This process is uniquely tailored for each family and we are sensitive to your specific needs.
Scheduling a session can be challenging logistically as we have such busy schedules. This is one reason in-home coaching may be the best option for your family. We go to you and meet in your home. This saves you time. But perhaps more importantly, meeting in the safety of your own home is more comfortable allowing you to open up more quickly and get the help you are looking for to meet your goals more efficiently. Our sessions are 90 minutes rather than the traditional 50 minutes, giving everyone time to share.
The intentions of coaching and therapy are different. The coaching process is action based and focuses mostly on the present and future instead of only on the past. A Certified Coach helps you identify your goal (a closer family, less tension and anxiety, better communication) and what specific steps need to be taken to make that happen. It’s about results and bringing real change.
what people say about us
“After starting off somewhat skeptical we quickly learned new communication skills and dumped bad habits. Lisa’s style of “coaching” was very different than any therapy we had experienced in the past. Lisa Smith is a very gifted, caring family counselor. Her “Save My Family Today” practice name could not be more appropriate. She gave us great practical advice and was very insightful as to our family dynamics. She bonded quickly with all of us and helped our family with strategies to deal with some difficult issues. Highly recommended!”
Gary, Orange County